At Broome Senior High School, it is important that all members of our school community feel that they belong, are welcome, feel safe and have a positive schooling experience. We want all of our students to leave Broome Senior High School with the skills, resilience and drive to become successful and positive members of our wider community.
Our Student Services team is a highly skilled and effective group of staff that support our students in many ways. They cater to the physical, social and emotional wellbeing of students at the school, allowing them to reach their full potential.
Each year group at school has a Year Leader who coordinates all communications, activities, camps, and through consultation with form teachers, the pastoral care for students and families within their year group.
Parents and carers are always welcome at Broome Senior High School. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the academic performance or wellbeing of your child, please do not hesitate to phone or come into school and discuss these issues with the relevant Deputy Principal, Year Leader or the Student Services Manager.
We support students by providing:
- Counselling regarding personal and school-related issues.
- Mediation and conflict resolution.
- Parent and family liaison.
- Referral to community agencies.
- Information flow between family and school regarding student needs and issues.
- Compassion, care and attention when students are stressed, unwell or unhappy.
- Celebration when students have achieved success on any level
Students and parents are always welcome to make contact with Student Services staff, either in person or by phone or email.