The school has a canteen on site. The canteen is run by the Parents & Citizens Association (P&C) who appoints a manager and paid staff. Parent volunteers are always welcome.
- Food is sold at a low cost and funds go into the school for facilities and resources for the students
- All students are encouraged to order foods rather than queueing up as lines can be very long
- A menu and price list _Canteen Menu – Term 3 2018 is provided to parents and students via the school newsletter each school term
- The menu and price list is also available to collect from the Front Office
- Students are able to purchase food and drinks, at recess and at lunchtime only.
Broome Senior High School canteen complies with The Department of Education’s Healthy Food and Drink Policy. Mandatory in all Public Schools and based on:
- The Australian Dietary Guidelines for Children & Adolescents
- The Australian Guide to Healthy Eating
- A ‘traffic light’ system for rating the suitability of food and drinks.
G = GREEN – fill the menu > 60%
A = AMBER – Select carefully < 40%
R = RED – off the menu
Recess and Lunch Orders
Orders for recess and lunch can be made before school only at Student Services and during recess at the canteen. In emergencies, recess/lunch orders can be handed to Student Services during Form. All orders are to be collected from the order line at the canteen when open over recess and lunch.
If you have a spare moment the canteen could use your help. Please contact the Manager, Michelle Simpson,
on (08) 9193 7220 to add your name to the volunteer list. Everyone is welcome.