Career and Vocational Education (CaVE)
The Career and Vocational Education (CaVE) learning area incorporates Nationally Accredited Certificate courses—both onsite and offsite—School-Based Traineeships (SBT), Workplace Learning (ADWPL) and Career and Enterprise (CAE) subjects.
All of these programs provide viable pathway opportunities for those students who are seeking full-time employment, apprenticeships or other training at the completion of Year 12. A Certificate II qualification can provide students with the opportunity to seek higher training in a Certificate IV or Diploma level, which can lead to entry to university through the ‘alternative entry’ model.
YEAR 11 and 12
- Career & Enterprise GENERAL
- Workplace Learning
- School-Based Traineeship
Certificate Courses (delivered onsite at Broome Senior High School):
- Certificate II Business (in conjunction with the Australian Institute of Education and Training. RTO Code: 121314)
- Certificate II and III in Music Industry (in conjunction with the College of Sound and Music Production. RTO Code: 41549)
- Certificate II in Applied Information Technology (in conjunction with the Australian Institute of Education and Training. RTO Code: 121314)
Other Certificate Courses (delivered offsite in conjunction with North Regional TAFE, Broome. RTO Code: 52788):
- Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
- Certificate II in Aquaculture
- Certificate II in Engineering
- Certificate II in Construction
- Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics
- Certificate II in Automotive Servicing and Technology
- Certificate II in Hospitality
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
Other Certificate Courses (delivered offsite in conjunction with the University of Notre Dame, Broome. RTO Code:0064):
- Certificate II in Health Services
For more information about Career and Vocational Education, please see the Career and Vocational Education coordinator, Mr Bryon Little.